We care about your privacy! That’s a fact!
Now, you want to know how we do not only talk the talk, but also walk the walk… But you find privacy policies long, boring and full of legalese.
That’s why we provide you with this 2 minute-read summary. This summary will provide you with the necessary information and will get you up to speed in no time on how we process your personal data.
What is there to know:
First of all, you always remain the sole owner of your data.
What information do we collect about you?
- When you make an account, we collect some general personal details such as your name, email address, phone number and address, as well as some health data through the measurements in the pharmacy.
- Once your account is made, you can add more details about you and your lifestyle in the web-app at home.
- When you have technical issues or questions about our services, we keep track of written communication with the Salvus Health Support team.
Why do we collect this information?
- To offer you highly personalised health coaching, based on the information you share with us.
- To improve our services and make sure you can make optimal use of the Salvus Health Services.
- For scientific research and statistical purposes
- To contact you and if wanted, keep you up to date about our services.
Who has access to your data?
- Your personal data will never be sold or made available to other parties. You always remain the sole owner.
- Only a specific part of the trustworthy Salvus Health team has access to the information you give us.
- Only anonymized data – which means that you in no way can be identified – might be made available to other parties.
What do you control?
- Also, you can always request a copy of all the information we collected about you by sending an email to the same address.
What do we do to protect your data?
- We adopted all kinds of safety measures on a technical and an organizational level.
- Your data is stored on a secured server within the EEA.
- We implemented internal procedures to ensure the confidentiality of our IT-infrastructure and to make sure it is managed responsibly.
Version 1.0 – 13 March 2020
Article 1 – GENERAL
1.2. Salvus Health, with registered office in Belgium, Begijnenvest 14/22, 2000 Antwerp, registered within the Crossroads bank for Enterprises under number 0741.808.191, and available via www.salvus-health.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”); takes responsibility for the processing of your Personal Data on the application and Website as a data controller.
1.3. The collection and processing of Personal Data is governed by strict conditions, enforced by the law. Salvus Health acts in accordance with:
- the EU Regulation of 2016 concerning the protection of individuals with regards to the processing of Personal Data, regarding the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC; and/or
- all (future) Belgian laws regarding the implementation of this Regulation.
Salvus Health is not intended for use by young people under the age of 18. In case Salvus Health would be used by someone under the age of 18, you must have the power of an attorney or a parent/guardian before using Salvus Health.
You are not obliged to provide us with your Personal Data, however you must understand that We are not able to deliver you the Services in case you refuse to provide us with certain Personal Data.
Also, you remain the owner of your Personal Data at all times. Salvus Health only uses your Personal Data to provide the Services to you. To be able to improve the Services, Salvus Health can possibly fulfil big data analysis with Your Personal Data.
Article 2 – COLLECTED PERSONAL DATA
2.1. Data you communicate to us:
|Category 1||Your user data||Information concerning your Salvus Health account, such as your first name, name, e-mail address and gender, as well as password.||
by filling in the subscription form.
|Category 2||Your health data||Information regarding your health status and other health-related information, consisting of: emotional state (illness, fatigue, anger and/or stress), weight, BMI, blood pressure, blood oxygen saturation level, heart rate, pregnancy, sports, blood group, belly circumference, height, ethnicity, whether or not you have smoked and/or drunk.||
by filling in questionnaires;
by using the self-tests with the blood pressure monitor, scale and saturation meter.
|Category 3||Your communications through our Services||Information about the communication you had with Salvus Health or through the Services, e.g. when you had a problem with the Services and asked for support or when you communicate with us via e-mail, telephone or in any other way.||
in response to questions to the helpdesk.
|Category 4||Your usage of our Services||Information about your actions related to the In-Pharmacy App when You are not yet registered or logged in into your Account (such as usage, activity logs and click-throughs), domains, page views and device features (see Article 8).||by placing Google Analytics cookie (see Article 8).|
|Category 5||Your consent concerning our newsletters||Information to be able to provide you with our newsletter, such as name, family name and e-mail address.||By subscribing for our newsletter.|
Article 3 – PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING OF DATA
Salvus Health collects and processes your Personal Data primarily to provide personalised recommendations based on your blood pressure, weight, blood oxygen saturation levels and heart rate. That being said, We will only use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
3.1 General purposes
|Category 1||Execution of the agreement||§ User data will be processed by Salvus Health to ensure that you can make optimal use of the Services in accordance with the execution of the agreement.|
|Category 2||Execution of the agreement||§ Health related information will be processed by Salvus Health in such a way that you are able to use the Services in accordance with the execution of the agreement, subject to your express prior consent.|
|Category 3||Execution of the agreement||§ Communications through our Services will be processed by Salvus Health to ensure that you can make optimal use of the Services in accordance with the execution of the agreement.|
|Category 4||Legitimate interest||§ Usage of our Services will be used by Salvus Health to maintain the security of the Website and/or Services and to improve it, as well as to create statistics based on a ”legitimate interest” of Salvus Health to improve the Website and/or Services.|
|Category 5||Consent and legitimate interest||§ When you subscribe to our newsletter, you will be included in our mailing list and will receive our newsletter. At any moment you can unsubscribe from the newsletter by clicking the unsubscribe-link, included in every e-mail communication.|
As stated above, all abovementioned categories of Personal Data can be processed by performing big data analyses with a view to improving and complementing our Services.
3.2 Transfer to third parties
Salvus Health has taken all legal and technical precautions to prevent unauthorized access and use.
Disclosure of Personal Data by Salvus Health
Exceptions from nondisclosure rule
Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is however possible that Salvus Health discloses the Personal Data:
- to the competent authorities (i) if Salvus Health is obliged to do so under the law or under legal or future legal proceedings and (ii) to safeguard and defend Salvus Health’s rights;
- if Salvus Health, or the majority of its assets, are taken over by a third party, in which case the Personal Data shall be one of the transferred assets;
- in all other cases, Salvus Health will not sell, hire out or pass on the Personal Data to third parties, except when it (i) has obtained permission of a data subject and (ii) has completed a data processing agreement with the third party in question, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding confidentiality and privacy compliance of the Personal Data.
Article 4 – DURATION OF THE PROCESSING
We will store and process your Personal Data for the period we’re legally permitted to do so, or for as long as this is essential for the purposes of the processing, as well as the contractual relationship between you and Salvus Health.
You have at any time the possibility to stop using the Services. However, if you no longer use Salvus Health, Salvus Health will contact you from time to time (= at least once every 2 years) to ask if you want us to keep storing your Personal Data.
If Salvus Health is no longer able to keep track of your Personal Data, it will be sent to you electronically and in the format normally used.
If you do not exercise your right of deletion, your Personal Data will be kept for the following periods:
- Category 1: We will keep your user details for as long as your account is active and for the next 2 years;
- Category 2: We will keep your health data for as long as your account is active and for the next 2 years, as it contains medical information that may be important to you in the future;
- Category 3: We keep your communications through our Services for as long as your account is active and for the next 2 years.
- Category 4: We keep track of your use of our Services for as long as your account is active and for the next 3 years for which it is essential to ensure the security of our Services.
- Category 5: Your e-mail address will be kept for as long as you wish to receive the newsletter.
Article 5 – YOUR RIGHTS
5.1 Right of access and right to obtain a copy
You have the right to freely obtain at any moment access to your Personal Data, as well as to be informed about the purpose of the processing by Salvus Health.
5.2 Right to rectification, erasure or restriction
You have the choice to share your Personal Data with Salvus Health.
You always have the right to ask us to amend your Personal Data.
You can also request the processing of your Personal Data to be restricted if you think that your Personal Data is inaccurate and you subsequently notified us about this.
In addition, you have the right to ask Salvus Health to erase your Personal Data in as far we were not able to anonymize it.
Furthermore, you acknowledge that a refusal to share Personal Data or a request to erase there Personal Data will make the delivery of several Services impossible.
5.3. Right to object:
You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data when you have serious and legitimate reasons to do so.
You also have the right to object to the use of your Personal Data for purposes of direct marketing. In such case specific reasoning will not be requested.
5.4. Right to data portability:
You have the right to obtain your Personal Data which is processed by Salvus Health in a structured, commonly used format and/or to transfer this Personal Data to another data controller.
5.5. Right to withdraw consent:
When the processing is based on prior consent you have the right to withdraw this consent.
5.6. Automated decisions and profiling:
You have the right to request us not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
5.7 Exercising your rights:
You can exercise your rights by submitting a written request, together with a copy of your identification and/or documentation via the contact form on the Website: <LINK> or via e-mail addressed to [email protected].
Or by mail to,
5.8. Right to file a complaint:
You have the right to file a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority:
Data Protection Authority
Tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, Fax +32 (0)2 274 48 35,
However, you are always free to contact your own European or EU-vested authority thereto.
This does not affect a procedure before the civil court.
If you have suffered damages caused by the processing of your Personal Data, you can file a claim for damages.
Article 6 – SAFETY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
- We have adopted safety measures which are suited on both a technical and an organizational level to avoid the destruction, the loss, the forgery, the adjustment, the non-authorised access or the notification of the Personal Data by accident to a third party, as well as the non-authorised processing of these Personal Data. Nevertheless, if these events would occur and would affect your Personal Data, Salvus Health will inform you of the breach without undue delay, including a summary description of the potential impact and a recommendation on measures to mitigate the possible adverse effects of the breach.
- Salvus Health shall not be liable in any way for direct or indirect damages caused by a wrongfully or improper use of the Personal Data by a third party.
- At the same time, you also share responsibility for maintaining the privacy and security of the Services, for example: by not allowing any third party to have insight in the PDF provided by Salvus Health where your Personal Data and results are gathered.
- You are solely responsible for the use of the Services on your devices, IP-address and identification data, as well as for its confidentiality.
- In any case, you need to immediately notify Salvus Health of any unauthorized use of your personal account by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
Article 7 – APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
Article 8 – COOKIES
Regarding the Third Party Cookie of Google Analytics used in the In-Pharmacy Application on the tablet in the Pharmacy, no health data will be captured by Google Analytics, but only the clicks will be processed. In doing so, Google Analytics will only collect anonymized or at least strongly pseudonymised data.
All rights reserved